You asked, and we listened! Download your Britannica Symbaloo icons today!
As teachers incorporate an ever-expanding repertoire of digital resources into their classroom mix, figuring out ways to organize those resources and disperse them to students has become a challenge. Symbaloo, a free social bookmarking tool, is one way that many of our teachers are storing digital links for themselves and their students. Teachers can create multiple “webmixes,” or collections of links, for different uses.
How do you Symbaloo? Here are some of our favorite ideas from our teachers and media specialists:
1. Use Symbaloo as your classroom’s Web site or blog.
2. Develop a library dashboard. Include all of your school’s available digital resources.
3. Collaborate with other teachers for curriculum mapping. One teacher creates a new webmix each month that includes lessons, links, and standards’ application. She then shares her webmix with other teachers in her district so they can collaborate and reduce individual work to increase depth.
4. Create a Symbaloo professional development webmix with links to free training, online resources, and tutorials.
5. Connect on social media. Access all of your favorite social media pages in one place.
Add our Symbaloo folder to your Google Drive, start using these Symbaloo icons, and then let us know…How do you Symbaloo?